Gifted Rails Developer / Macoscope
Warsaw / Full time
Macoscope is a team of experienced designers and developers focused on iOS, Android and OS X platforms based out of Warsaw, Poland. We have released over 20 apps to date, totaling in over 750,000 downloads worldwide, and have received more than 1,500 written reviews in the App Store with an average of 4/5 stars.
We also work for well-known, global corporations as well as early-stage startups, turning their app ideas into high-quality products. Our work has been featured in Wall Street Journal, New York Times, TUAW, TechCrunch, CIO, the New York Post, Lifehacker and Fast Company, among others.
About The Role
As a back-end developer, you will be an integral part of our engineering team, working on the server side of our own products for OS X and iOS as well as implementing APIs for our clients’ projects.
- Battle-tested expertise in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of both sides of the database coin - RDBMS and NoSQL systems
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Appreciation for great design and flawless user experience
- Love for perfect, modern code
- Drive to learn new things quickly (with emphasis on quickly!)
- Capacity to plan and prioritize your own workload
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of CSS3
- Meaningful open source contributions (we pay for supporting open source!)
- Practical Agile know-how
- Familiarity with Haml/Slim/Sass
- C/C++ experience is admirable but not required
- Node.js, Go, Scala inclinations
What You'll Get From Us
- You'll work with awesome people, just like you
- You'll learn a lot (and teach others, too!)
- You'll work with people on other continents (and visit them sometimes)
- We will invest time and money into making you even better at what you do
- We will pay you to contribute to open source (how cool is that?)
- Hardware, books, apps, and whatever else you need to work efficiently
- Flexible work hours (who cares what time it is when you’re awesome?)
- Loot (A.K.A. money, A.K.A. "competitive salary")
- We'll go out together and do crazy stuff every now and then
What We'll Want From You
- You’ll create perfect code
- You’ll be willing to learn what's wrong with it
- You’ll fix it
- You’ll review code produced by others
- You’ll eagerly share stuff you know and have learned
- You’ll contribute to open source
- You’ll write about the technology for our blog
- You’ll have no trouble repeating all of the above!
How to apply?
To apply send us your CV by the email.