Android Mobile Developer / SoundBrenner
Berlin / Full time
Soundbrenner builds the world’s first wearable smart device for musicians. It’s the metronome of the 21st century. Wearable, smart and powered by vibrations. Soundbrenner combines hardware products with mobile and desktop apps into a holistic solution that empowers musicians to achieve true mastery of rhythm.
We’re headquartered in Hong Kong and hold an additional office in Berlin. We currently employ a full-time staff of 11. To date we sold and shipped over 20,000 units. We’ve raised close to $2 million USD in funding from investors. We were featured in the New York Times, Techcrunch, Gizmodo and around a dozen of other international press outlets.
We are currently looking for an Android mobile dev who has a connection to music and music technology to help us build the best metronome app on the market.
Especially accurate timing and MIDI programming experience is valuable. Knowledge of the Bluetooth Stack and Bluetooth Low Energy Implementation on Android is required. Experience with Beat Tracking algorithms or generally with Music Information Retrieval (MIR) is a plus.
We are using Scrum (JIRA Agile) to manage our work. You can use your IDE of preference.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with a cross-functional, international team to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Translate Objective-C and Swift code into Java
- Eventually become an Android development team leader
What we’re looking for:
- B.Sc./B.A. or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- At least one Android app released in the Google Play Store
- Strong Android UI development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to read C and Objective-C code
- Experience with client-server communication (REST/JSON, etc.)
- Experience with integration of 3rd party libs and APIs
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Concise and tidy coding, good documentation skills, ability to code review
- Bonus: Degree in Music or Music Technology, or musician
How to apply?
You understand that your ideas have the potential to change the world? You don’t just dream to get something done – you are willing to take the first steps with all its consequences? Then you might fit right in. Please send us your application.