Lead Front-end Developer / The New York Times
London / Full time
T Brand Studio International, the brand marketing unit of The New York Times is looking for a Front End Developer to take a lead position within the team. You will be working alongside our in-house team of designers, developers and creative leads, helping to take projects from brief to completion. We’re looking for a developer to take lead on all development and someone that takes pride in the minor details that enhance a browsing experience. You’ll use a mobile first philosophy and understand the importance of accessibility and progressive enhancement.
- Build highly interactive, engaging digital experiences on the NYT platform
- Faithfully translate flat designs into fully semantic and interactive front-ends
- Maintain high standards of code quality, documentation, standards and security
- Integrate extensible modules and components within our bespoke CMS
- Address bugs and errors in code in a timely fashion
- Succinctly communicate complex problems and proposed solutions
- Collaborate and communicate across allied teams, including design, production, edit, video and audience development.
- 5+ years experience in web development, demonstrating a genuine passion for the field
- Lots of experience of agency life, working in fast-paced environments
- An impressive portfolio of past projects
- A history of using version control systems like Github and SVN
- Expert working knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS, CSS3 animations and SVG
- Understanding of DOM manipulation, progressive enhancement, responsive design and front-end optimisation
- A working knowledge of PHP, ASP, MYSQL and other similar languages a plus
- Appreciation of Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Experience of testing and debugging across a variety of popular browser and devices
- Data and information visualization experience a plus
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills
- Effective time management on multiple projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
How to apply?
Please send us your CV, cover letter and portfolio, along with links to live projects.